Free Informational Workshop About The Turning-Five Process
If you have a child who is in preschool or heading to kindergarten, there is a very useful informational workshop coming up that you should not miss. I have attended this workshop in the past and it offers a wealth of information (in just two hours) that any parent going through the special education process should not be without. See below for details:
Kindergarten: The Great Beyond
Does your child receive preschool special education services?
Are you heading to kindergarten in the fall of 2012?
What kind of elementary program will be right for your child?
What are your rights and options?
Hear a free presentation by Sarah Birnbaum of New York Special Needs Support on how to:
• Learn your educational options, public and private
• Obtain the best evaluations and guidance
• Find an appropriate kindergarten program
• Understand your legal rights
• Get through the Turning 5 process and create an IEP