What if I disagree with the information in the IEP?

There are a few different options if you disagree with the information in your child’s IEP. Your first step might be to communicate to the school district the reasons that you disagree with the information in the IEP and the conclusions reached by the team. You might ask to convene a new IEP meeting if you believe you have new information not yet considered by the team that would support different conclusions than the ones previously reached.

An example of additional support would be psychological testing that was recently completed or report cards reflecting the child’s progress/difficulty, which were not previously available.

Alternatively, a parent also has a right to an impartial hearingshould a hearing be necessary.

©Law Offices of Adam Dayan, PLLC

222 Broadway, 19th Floor
New York, New York 10038
Phone: (646) 866-7157
Fax: (646) 866-7541
Email: info@dayanlawfirm.com

Connect online:

  • Facebook Clean
  • Twitter Clean
  • Instagram

Sign-up for our mailing list: